Regular physical exercise is not a luxury, but an absolute requirement to maintain our health. Exercise has a multitude of well-researched benefits and should become a part of your daily routine, like brushing and flossing your teeth. A little bit of regular exercise every day e.g., walking or jogging is better than no exercise, but you have to find out what amount and type of exercise is best for you. How do you find out? By trying different types of exercise to discover which one do you love most (or dislike least). Consider walking, jogging, biking, swimming, dancing, martial arts or team games. If you have a dog, you may start with adding additional walk time to your daily routine.
Once you pick your favorite kind of physical activity:
1. Establish your baseline.
2. Note the time and effort you are able to devote to that exercise, breaking the sweat, increasing your heart and respiration rate, but avoiding over-exerting yourself.
3. Push yourself gently to achieve more and to improve your performance over time.
4. Set realistic goals, take small steps and keep written record of your progress.
5. If you get tired, rest instead of getting discouraged. Never give up!
1. Increased flexibility - The most helpful in this respect are stretches, yoga and Feldenkrais method, especially when combined with Cannabis (1:1 CBD/THC ratio), taken orally 1 hour before or via vaporizer 15 min before activity. Cannabis prevents injuries and speeds up their healing.
2. Increased endurance and stamina - Phe best way to improve your aerobic endurance is with prolonged cardiovascular training. Start with 30 minutes of low to moderate intensity cardiovascular exercise such as walking, jogging, hiking, cycling or swimming and gradually build it from there.3. Increased strength - Many Youtube videos and books, such as "Four-hour body" by Timothy Ferris, offer a variety of resistance exercises that can help to bolster your muscular strength. If you prefer individualized approach, hiring a personal trainer is a good option for your strength training. If you decide to exercise by yourself, please follow all instructions carefully to avoid injuries.
is a great way to get in a better physical shape
and increase flexibility.
There is a multitude of yoga styles, some fast and intense, others slow and contemplative.
Try few styles to find one that you find most enjoyable (please click on the image below).
One of the less-known yoga exercises that you could easily perform
at home are "Five Tibetans", also known as "The Five Tibetan
Rites of Rejuvenation", a set of five simple exercises from Tibet,
first described by Peter Kelder in a 1939 publication
entitled "The Eye of Revelation". The benefits are increased energy,
stress reduction, enhanced sense of calm, clarity of thought, increased
strength and flexibility, resulting in an
overall improvement in health and well-being.